Township of Spring
Full-time law enforcement position with an accredited agency in a progressive suburban community. Base starting salary for 2019 is $77,663.04. Applicants with prior law enforcement experience may be eligible for additional salary incentives.
• Be 21 years of age at the time of the test.
• Be a U.S. citizen in good standing.
• Be able to read, write and speak the English language.
• Be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
• Possess current Pennsylvania Act 120 Certification or equivalent MPOETC-acceptable training from another state.
• In addition to Act 120 the applicant must have one or more of the following:
• A minimum of 60 college credits from an accredited college or university
• A minimum of 2 years military experience
• A minimum 2 years full time police experience
• Possess a valid PA driver's license at time of employment.
• Be in good physical condition and be able to meet MPOETC standards for police officers.
• Be able to perform essential job functions and complete a competitive process consisting of written exam, oral interview, physical agility, and physical and psychological exams.
• Be able to pass a rigid background investigation.
1. Application forms are available Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM at the Township of Spring Police Department located at 2800 Shillington Rd. Reading, PA 19608. Applications may also be downloaded at https://berks.crimewatchpa.com/springpd/20469/forms/application
2. Completed applications must be sealed, addressed and returned to the Township of Spring Police Department, marked Application for Police Officer , at 2800 Shillington Road, Reading, PA 19608. A $25.00 application fee must accompany the application in the form of a non-refundable check or money order, made payable to Township of Spring.
3. Applications must be received before noon, Friday, March 1, 2019 or post marked no later than March 1, 2019.
Location/Region: Reading, PA (19608)