Steak Out a New Opportunity!
We are here to win. To make a difference. To make history. We operate as "One Team One Family." We work together to take care of each other and our guest.
The SHIFT MANAGER is accountable for leading the restaurant associate staff to deliver Steak ‘n Shake’s operational and financial standards on scheduled shifts. The Shift Manager has accountability on his/her shift for the correct delivery of Steak ‘n Shake procedures, policies and specification which deliver the highest quality burgers and shakes along with extending great service to our Guests.
Requirements and Other Information:
- 18 years or older
- Valid Driver’s License
- Reports to the General Manager
- Non-exempt position eligible for overtime
- Execute a daily review of all areas of the restaurant – ensuring the facility is radiant, the associates are motivated, the stations are appropriately set up / re-stocked for meal periods, and constantly moving through the restaurant coaching and directing associates to ensure quality adherence and speed standards are achieved.
- Ensure food is properly stored and prepared in compliance with food safety regulations and recipe adherence.
- Maintain strict compliance with health, safety and security standards and procedures.
- Enforce Company safety, anti-harassment, and anti-discrimination policies.
- Effectively interact with Guests to ensure we exceed their expectations by providing guests the highest quality food and great service. Immediately address Guest concerns and complaints.
- Create a positive team environment with knowledgeable associates working together through shift huddles and ongoing coaching.
- Assign and verify all side work is accurately and efficiently completed.
- Maintain strict adherence to the cash handling and banking policies and procedures.
- Identify and report risk management situations – e.g. slip/fall reporting, employee injury, food quality/food-based illness, etc.
- Comply with and enforce Company dress and appearance standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and manage various vendors (e.g. landscapers, window cleaners, etc.)
- Any other operations task as determined by Company leadership.
People are drawn to careers at Steak 'n Shake because it’s a great place to work. They stay because it’s also a great place to grow, both personally and professionally. Whatever your talents and aspirations, there’s an opportunity at Steak 'n Shake to match.
In 1934, Steak 'n Shake pioneered the concept of a 'better burger', by hand-crafting cuts of steak to create its flagship SteakburgersTM. Since then, the brand has become one of the most recognized and loyal brands in the restaurant franchising business, synonymous with freshness and quality. Under the ownership of Biglari Holdings, Steak ‘n Shake has succeeded in attaining exceptional, industry-leading financial results. We are here to win. To make a difference. To make history. We do so by focusing on the customer, one at a time. We are not looking for those who simply want a job; we are looking for those who want to make a difference in this world.
We do not just sell burgers and shakes; we also sell an experience. The entire organization is therefore working assiduously to become exceptional in operations.
Steak n Shake is a brand for everyone, enriching the lives of millions. We are guided by a straightforward credo: The more relevant we are to customers, the less relevant the competition becomes. We operate Steak n Shake on a basic principle: If we take care of our customers, our customers will take care of us.
We are looking to find the very Best to join Steak ‘n Shake as associates and management leaders
Location/Region: Lexington, KY