About SOC, A Day & Zimmermann Company
SOC is an integrated provider of mission support solutions through our global security, operations and maintenance, architecture and engineering, and staffing services to the U.S. Government and commercial clients. Ranked on the global Defense News Top 100 List of defense companies, SOC is owned by Day & Zimmermann, a century-old, family-owned company with a workforce of more than 41,000 around the world. Day & Zimmermann is currently ranked as one of the largest private companies in the U.S. by Forbes.
Safety is our #1 Core Value. As we have discussed, we are requiring our new employees to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus to protect themselves and those around them. We are also practicing other safety measures such as wearing masks and social -distancing in common spaces. Accordingly, your offer is conditioned upon the following:
- On your start date, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or you must have put measures in place that indicate a good-faith effort to become fully vaccinated. This means having at least one shot of a two-shot vaccine or having the Johnson & Johnson vaccine prior to your start date. If you need to request a religious or medical accommodation, please contact your Talent Acquisition Partner.
- You understand and agree that the company will ask for proof during your onboarding process that you have taken the necessary steps to ensure compliance.
Security Police Officer needed for a full-time, staff opportunity with SOC, A Day & Zimmermann located in Mercury, NV. Security Police Officer this armed SPO I Basic Readiness as defined in 10 CFR 1046 and DOE Orders is a position responsible for the control of entry and exit of cleared and uncleared personnel and vehicles into Protected or Material Access Areas and Limited Areas. This position works under general supervision to protect the Nevada National Security Site security interests and property from theft, vandalism, illegal entry, and other acts that may adversely impact national security or the health and safety of NNSS employees. Additionally, assesses and processes the perimeter intrusion detection alarm system. Provides armed responses and resolves security incidents and alarms. Escorts sensitive materials. Utilizes specialized operational equipment to include: x-ray machines, metal detectors, nuclear material monitors, and fighting positions. Participates in Force-on-Force Exercises and other performance testing requirements as well as must complete annual required training. Must be able to qualify with different weapons systems and be physically fit and maintain physical fitness requirements. Performs lock and door checks on remote locations.
Decisions are made within the confines of set SOC Nevada, Nevada National Security Site, and DOE regulations, policies and procedures. Shift work is required.
The Work You’ll Be Doing:
- Responds, controls, and resolves security and safety incidents.
- Patrols areas checking buildings and perimeter fencing. Performs lock and door checks on remote locations
- Must be able to qualify with different weapons systems and be physically fit and maintain physical fitness requirements. (Performs lock and door checks on remote locations)
- Controls the entry and exit of cleared and uncleared personnel.
- Conducts Property, prohibited Article and SNM searches of personnel. Monitors and searches personnel, packages, and vehicles to ensure prohibited items are not brought in or materials are not removed.
- Conducts daily checks on personal issue equipment (firearm, protective vest and mask, etc.) and post equipment to ensure it is functioning properly.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- High School diploma or GED
- Prior military service and/or work experience in uniformed security/law enforcement agency is desired
- Must complete and maintain SPO I Basic Readiness Certification
- Valid US Driver’s License and be able to obtain a Nevada Driver’s License
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must not have any felony convictions
- Must pass site test of general cognitive Ability
- Must not have been convicted of a misdemeanor offense related to Domestic Violence
- Must have a good credit history
- Must not have a Driving Under the Influence (DUI) conviction within 5 to 7 years prior to hire
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive physical exam as defined by 10 CFR 1046 (to include drug and alcohol screens) for SPO Basic Readiness position prior to hire and as a condition of continued employment.
- Must satisfy the applicable physical readiness consisting of a one mile run with a maximum qualifying time of 8 minutes 30 seconds, and a 40-yard dash from the prone position in 8.0 seconds or less.
- Great attitude and team player
- Successful completion of background screening process
The Big Picture – Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Know ledge of Protective Force operations and physical security systems, to include a working knowledge of the Protective Force General Security Orders, Post Orders, and Supplemental Security Orders, as well as the Code of Federal Regulations, specifically 10 CFR 1046 and 10 CFR 1047, and DOE Orders
- NNSS , SOC and DOE/NNSA policy as it concerns limited arrest authority, use of force, deadly force, fresh pursuit, the concepts of suspicion, temporary detention, probable cause, proof beyond a reasonable doubt, and lawful methods of conducting searches in accordance with DOE/NNSA regulations and standards
- Ability to meet 10 CFR 1046 SPO I Basic Readiness requirements. Must be able to qualify with different weapons systems and be physically fit and maintain physical fitness requirements.
- Skills in tactical techniques for descending from elevated positions, tactical reactions when confronted with hostile fire, and the movements used on individuals under fire
- Safety, health and security regulations, principles, procedures, practices, and processes, to include firearms and vehicle safety
Must be able to perform the following physical and mental tasks:
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery.
- Repetitive motion of any part of the body.
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time.
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language.
- Ability to read and comprehend the English language.
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions.
- Capacity to express thoughts orally.
What’s In It For You?
Candidates that are hired will receive a competitive base salary, 401k, a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan, parental leave and paid time off.
What Are You Waiting For? Apply Now! Recruiter: Brenda Preciado
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity
Day & Zimmermann is committed to maintaining an inclusive workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated and promoted based on their contributions to our Company. Our collective strength is rooted in over 110 years of diverse employees and businesses, commitment to success, and delivery on promises made. Federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status and disability status. Day & Zimmermann is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment in full compliance with these laws. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation in the application process, please email
, and please specify which position you are interested in, including job title and location.